We have launched hundreds of automated trading strategies into live markets using Trading Technologies’ ADL (Algo Design Lab) since 2012, and have helped many other traders learn how to program their own trading algorithms.
ADL is intuitive to traders in a lot of ways, but in some ways it’s not at all. We have learned several tricks and little nuances of ADL over the years through countless hours of trial and error building strategies in ADL, and dozens of hours spent speaking on the phone and in person with the fine folks at the Help Desk.
If you are one of the hundreds of traders out there who have strategies they “were going to have coded” or “got pretty close to getting it done”, we can help you break through the plateau and bring the process to completion: get your algorithm running in live markets.
Our free ADL instructional videos show you how to build and implement logic in a trading algorithm without knowing a programming language. And if you need additional help, you can schedule a live online consulting session with one of our ADL experts (the guys from the videos, obviously).
We have spent thousands of hours designing, debugging, and deploying algorithms in ADL since it was first released in 2012. Trust us when we say that there is a lot that we have learned through trial and error and with the help of our friends at the ADL Help Desk and in TT’s engineering department. We learned very early on that 20 minutes of sitting next to an engineer and watching him build was worth about 2 weeks or more of trying to learn ourselves. Every little tip and trick you learn can save you countless hours of learning and thousands of dollars in improved functionality of your algorithms, not to mention error prevention.
So whether you just want something done right without having to do it yourself, or you want to learn how to do it yourself by learning from an expert right there on your screen, we can help. We’ve talked to many traders who have dabbled in ADL, and they all seem to agree on one thing: ADL is easy to learn because 80% of it is intuitive, but that remaining 20% is what makes it so difficult to master. Don’t try and go it alone.
There is plenty of very solid learning material for ADL on TT’s website which we highly recommend, including several instructional videos that give a detailed explanation of nearly every single Block on the ADL Design Canvas. They do an excellent job of telling you what the blocks do. During our intensive “Boot Camp” classes, our focus is on how the blocks are used.
We show you the very important DO’s and DON’Ts of designing algorithms, or “Best Practices”. We will show you how to build individual pieces of logic that are used in many trading algorithms, as well as a few basic versions of entire strategies. The “Boot Camp” classes are best suited to people with some ADL experience; whether they be users who have tried to learn it themselves and have become discouraged, enthusiastic beginners who want to get pointed in the right direction, or frustrated users who are stuck on the dreaded “learning plateau” and need a boost.
Classes will be online, in a “webinar” format where students can ask questions live and get immediate answers with visual examples to help you better understand the process of building your own trading algorithm from scratch. The schedule and format for our “Boot Camps” is flexible. Each class has pre-planned lessons to suit the needs of the students with ample time for Q&A.
Classes are scheduled routinely, and as demand warrants. If you cannot make the time of our next scheduled “Boot Camp”, please fill out a contact form to include your preferences for scheduling, including days of the week, time of day, number of attendees, etc.